The Surface Water Design module allows the user to quickly and flexibly design a properly sized heat exchanger for use in a body of water such as a pond or lake. The software calculates results such as the required pipe length, the circuit number, the inlet and outlet temperatures and the COP. Automated head loss calculations help ensure that the system provides turbulent flow and avoids freezing risks during heating operations. With a powerful user interface, GLD makes it straightforward and easy to make changes, conduct "what if" modeling and optimize the final design.
Some of the more powerful features in the Surface Water Design module include:
- Fast and Accurate Designs
- Powerful and Customizable User Interface
- Peak Design Day Analysis Method
- Automatic Determination of Optimal Circuit Number
- Integrated Head Loss Calculations to Ensure Turbulent Flow
- Wide Range of Pipe Configurations
- Numerous Override Options
- Automatic Header Heat Transfer Calculations
- Simultaneous Comparison of Multiple Designs
- Customizable Reports
GLD provides designers with an advanced, comprehensive, easy-to-use and customizable engineering toolbox for optimizing ground source heat pump systems. Download a trial now to see why GLD is the #1 geothermal design software in the world.
Users design the circuits and the full headering system.
Users define the temperature profile for the body of water at header and circuit depths.
The program accounts for heat exchange occuring in the headers as they pass through soil.